Italian VAT return
VAT Rates Italy
VAT rates Italy:
- General or high VAT rate in Italy = 22%
- Low VAT rate in Italy = 10%, 5% and 4%
E-commerce figures Italy
- Italian population = 60.36 million
- 2020: 60% of the population in Italy buys online
Top 5 e-commerce retailers Italy:
- Amazon.it = €2.375 billion
- Zalando.it = €500 million
- Esselungaacassa.it = €500 million
- Unieuro.it = €498 million
- Apple.com = €447 million
Italian VAT return term: monthly or quarterly
After applying for an Italian VAT number, you are obliged to file a periodic declaration for Italian sales tax. You do this monthly with a turnover above € 700,000 per year and per quarter with an annual turnover below € 700,000. In addition, you must also submit an annual VAT return.
What do I need to file an Italian VAT return?
If you have to file an Italian VAT return, you need an Italian VAT number. Don’t own this one yet? Then we are happy to help you with the application for your Italian VAT number. The VAT return and payments are submitted through the Italian tax authorities.
How much does it cost to have my Italian VAT return filed?
Running your international e-commerce business deserves your attention. To file your VAT return yourself, you need quite a bit of knowledge of the Italian tax system, the Italian language and the necessary documentation. As a result, most entrepreneurs find their tax administration extremely time-consuming and complicated.Our Staxxers are ready to take care of your VAT return for you. They simply let you know when and how you can pay your local VAT. The rest is arranged by us.Do you sell via 1 platform (for example Amazon, Zalando, Shopify, Ebay or your own webshop)?
- Then your VAT return will be arranged for only € 69.95.
Do you sell through multiple platforms?
- Then we will arrange your VAT return for only € 119.95.
Need help with your Italian VAT return or don’t feel like arranging it yourself?We are happy to help you!