Spanish VAT return
VAT Rates Spain
VAT rates Spain:
- General or high VAT rate in Spain = 21%
- Low VAT rate in Spain = 10% and 4%
E-commerce figures Spain
- Spanish population = 46.94 million
- 2020: 59% of the population in Spain buy online
Top 5 Ecommerce Retailers Spain:
- Amazon.es = €3.64 billion
- Elcorteingles.es = €1.47 billion
- Pccomponentes.com = €697 million
- Carrefour.es = €604 million
- Alcampo.es = €447 million
Spanish VAT return term: quarterly or monthly, and annually
After applying for a Spanish VAT number, you are obliged to file a periodic return for the Spanish turnover tax. You do this per quarter with a turnover of less than € 6 million. If you exceed that number, you must file a monthly declaration. In addition, you must also submit an annual return on the total VAT paid for that year.
What do I need to file my Spanish VAT return?
If you have to file a Spanish VAT return, you need a Spanish VAT number. Don’t own this one yet? Then we are happy to help you with the application for your Spanish VAT number. You are also required to have a Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE number).
How much does it cost to have my Spanish VAT return filed?
Running your international e-commerce business deserves your attention. To file your VAT return yourself, you need quite a bit of knowledge of the Spanish tax system, the Spanish language and the necessary documentation. As a result, most entrepreneurs find their tax administration extremely time-consuming and complicated. Our Staxxers are ready to take care of your VAT return for you. They simply let you know when and how you can pay your local VAT. The rest is arranged by us.Do you sell via 1 platform (for example Amazon, Zalando, Shopify, Ebay or your own webshop)?
- Then your VAT return will be arranged for only € 69.95.
Do you sell through multiple platforms?
- Then we will arrange your VAT return for only € 119.95.
Need help with your Spanish VAT return or don’t feel like arranging it yourself?We are happy to help you!