French VAT return
French VAT Rates
VAT rates France:
- General or high VAT rate in France = 20%
- Low VAT rate in France = 10%, 5.5% and 2.1%
E-commerce figures France
- French population = 67 million
- 2020: 68% of the population in France buy online
Top 5 e-commerce retailers France:
- Amazon.fr = € 2.19 billion
- Cdiscount.fr = € 2.08 billion
- Verte-Privee.fr = €1.89 billion
- Auchan.fr = €1.32 billion
- Apple.fr = €820 million
French VAT return term: Monthly
After applying for a French VAT number, you are obliged to file a periodic declaration for French sales tax. You do this monthly. In the following cases, it is possible to submit a quarterly or annual VAT return:
- Companies with a turnover in goods deliveries between €82,800 and €789,000 or in services between €33,200 and €238,000 and with a total VAT expense in the previous year of less than €15,000
- Companies with a turnover of more than €789,000 for goods and €238,000 for services, but whose VAT for the previous year did not exceed €4,000
What do I need to file my French VAT return?
If you have to file a French VAT return, you need a French VAT number. Don’t have one yet? Then we are happy to help you with the application for your French VAT number.
How much does it cost to have my French VAT return filed?
Running your international e-commerce business deserves your attention. To file your French VAT return yourself, you need quite a bit of knowledge of the French tax system, the language and the necessary documentation. As a result, most entrepreneurs find their tax administration extremely time-consuming and complicated. Our Staxxers are ready to take care of your VAT return for you. It’s that easy right? They simply let you know when and how you can pay your local VAT. The rest is arranged by us.Do you sell via 1 platform (for example Amazon, Zalando, Shopify, Ebay or your own webshop)?
- Then your VAT return will be arranged for only € 69.95.
Do you sell through multiple platforms?
- Then we will arrange your VAT return for only € 119.95.
Need help with your French VAT return or don’t feel like arranging it yourself?
We are happy to help and are at your service!