English VAT Number Registration
When do you need an English VAT number?
It’s not always clear when you need a British VAT number, so we’ve researched it for you. You need a British VAT number if:
- You sell products from the Netherlands (or any other country) to British customers (export).
- You sell products from England to countries outside the UK.
- You use Amazon FBA* (amazon.co.uk) to serve customers in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland.
*FBA stands for Fulfilment by Amazon, and Amazon’s storage facilities are referred to as “fulfilment centers”.
Applying for an English VAT Number for Amazon FBA
You need an English VAT number when you use Amazon’s FBA program and sell in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland.
If any of these situations apply to you, you can apply for your English VAT number through the British tax authorities. English VAT returns are filed once every quarter.
What do I receive when I apply for an English VAT number?
When applying for an English VAT number (VAT Number), you will receive the following documentation from us:
- VAT number: This is your English VAT number.
- EORI number: This identification number (for customs) is required for international business transactions.
How can you apply for an English VAT number?
Would you like us to apply for an English VAT number on your behalf? You can submit an application directly through this button. If you need more information or have questions, you can also schedule an appointment for a no-obligation personal consultation.
Apply for UK VAT number